Monday, September 24, 2007

Twin Tip: Halloween Loaner Program


When I was growing up, my mother would make all of my halloween costumes. Not just mine, actually, but for my sister and brother too. Whether I wanted to be a hobo, a flapper, a chearleader, or a giant pineapple (seriously), she got the material, the patterns, and make it happen.

So although I looked forward to motherhood, I did not look forward to this aspect of it since I can't sew and have no patience. I tried once. I got the sewing machine and all the essentials and made a dog bed. It took forever, was ugly, fell apart, and the making of it involved lots of crying on my part.

Thank god for the Halloween loaner program at TBB. Last year they were tiny little witches (at just 6 weeks only). This year I got the girls the cutest pumpkin costumes. And Parker got a frog costume. All for free. Without any crying. And without using any thread or needles. I'll return them when I'm done. Maybe you can use them next year???

No comments: